The Sacramento Women’s Chorus, a 501 3(b) non-profit organization, is seeking a part time ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
It is the responsibility of the Artistic Director to provide musical leadership to and conduct the Sacramento Women’s Chorus. The Artistic Director will also develop and carry out artistic programming, collaborations and concerts that enhance the mission of the organization.
1. Promote the Chorus’ focus on its mission
2. Design, coordinate, and direct Chorus programming
3. Provide Musical Leadership
4. Provide input regarding finances
5. Communicate regularly with the Board of Directors and other chorus leadership
6. Engage in professional development (some expenses paid with board approval)
Qualifications and Skills
BA in Music, or related field, with experience in choral conducting.
Experience conducting or working with a community-based chorus and with singers of various musical skills and experience.
Interest in and commitment to embracing the mission of the Chorus.
Ability to offer strong leadership skills.
Flexibility in working with a diverse group of volunteers and personalities.
Salary: $800 - $900 per month based on experience
To apply submit your letter of interest, resume, 2-3 references, and if you have one, a video of you conducting to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 5, 2023.
Any questions can be directed to Sandy Leahy (916)342-0336